I will try harder…

It was a usual morning like we used to have. That morning Jan 15 2013 the snow is likely to be in Tsukuba, our recent home.
The snow that we’ve been waiting for since this winter started, is nothing but a cold and huge wind.
Actually the snow came the day before that even we played outside under that snow shower.
It was fun anyway, a fun that might not would never be seen in Indonesia, our homeland.
Such a memorable day.

So that morning, I set up a plan to do what I have to do, just like the normal days, with an additional agenda
that I would have a flight to Sapporo after lunch to have a pre-defense of my thesis.
Everything runs normally, as normal as several minutes to move away Harvy from his blanket. (really this is
my most challenging moment these days).
We already planned to use the bus to Harvy’s daycare since the road were slippery, and it was quite dangerous to bike with Harvy.

So, as I always do to Harvy, I push him in a hurry, to catch the bus schedule.
A bit worries might written on my face, until he said : Mommy, be nice OK, don”t
get to tensed.. So, directly I lower down my voice.

There we were finaly waiting at the bus stop exactly at the moment, and we realized a lot of cars
were on the queue due to traffic jam.
I do not know whether that due to snow
or the traffic light or whatever, its just that they were stuck.
We were not the only one in the bus stop.
A women whom I guess wanted to go to work, and a student also wait
Minutes has passed, but the buss still out of nowhere to be seen.
Though it was a sunny day, still the temperature was quite cold.
And this is Tsukuba, where the wind blows with the
temperature more than snow falling in Sapporo I supposed.

Harvy starts to cranky, less patient, and remain asking where is the bus?
Untill he asked me to walk to school instead of keep waiting while the traffic-jam
was rolling and the bus were far away from coming.

So we decided to go back to our home, took the bike, and used it to go to school.
Need to be reminded that day is the first of the weekday.
We need to carry “futon” (portable bed) in the beginning of the first weekdays to the daycare.
So you can imagine how was my carriage at the time,
Futon, change clothes, my own bag, and Harvy also had his own backpack.
However, I did not have any other options since I need to be on the airport
before 12.30 pm.

We started to have the bike, that I slowly ride with him
at the  backside.
But taking the bike with that kind of road was too frustrating since I have to hold
the bike, Harvy, and all of our carriage to avoid slippery road.

So, I decided to walk, and leave the bike in the park
not far from our apartment.
Actually,  our apartment is located 2 km away to daycare. Its not so far but it’s not close either..But with that -1 C and very chill wind blows, please do not say it was easy to get there by walk.

So I walked with that carriage and Harvy’s catching up from backside with  singing, laughing, and story-telling.
However, anytime I waited for him to walk beside me, he became slower
than before. So, I kept heading of him.

I remember, that was after 1 km away,,
Harvy started to feel exhausted and cold.

He said .
Mommy, its cold, and I am tired.

Of course I understand that, but what else can I do?
I just said..

Yes sweetheart, I know its cold, but your’e
just a little bit more. We are getting close to your school.

He stops. Bended his knee,  inhale and exhale for a moment.

At first I thought that he would complained and said,

No mommy, I am tired . As some other times that he always do.

But that day he surprised me.

With his eyes direct on me, he said.

Sure Mommy. I’ll try harder. I’ll walk faster.

That was a moment where before, I was
worry of my flight, worry of would we ever made to
the daycare safe and sound, and those worries suddenly were gone

And that words coming out from his tiny mouth, my 5-years-old-prince mouth
I felt relieved, happy, and sad. I hugged him and said;

Yes sweetheart. You made me proud.
We can do it right?
Both of us?

So as you might already been predicted.
We arrived late at the daycare, but we were happy.
Harvy even fell down due to the slippery road.
But again, everybody was happy.I hugged him before leaving the daycare, and he smiled back at me and asked me to go back home soon.
I was late to catch the train for sure, but luckily I arrived at the airport
just about the time.  and the flight was delayed for another 20 minutes due to the snow.

then from now on, I will have Harvy’s spirit too…

I WILL DO IT, I will try it…harder than before!


One thought on “I will try harder…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s